By Alice Jorgensen,Frances McCormack,Jonathan Wilcox
Read or Download Anglo-Saxon Emotions: Reading the Heart in Old English Language, Literature and Culture (Studies in Early Medieval Britain and Ireland) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Julian of Norwich was once a fourteenth-century girl who on the age of thirty had a sequence of vibrant visions targeted round the crucified Christ. 20 years later, whereas residing as an anchoress in a church, she is thought to have set out those visions in a textual content referred to as the exhibiting of affection. Going opposed to the present development to put Julian within the class of mystic - a category which defines her visions as deeply inner most, mental occasions - this publication units Julian’s considering within the context of a visionary venture used to educate the Christian neighborhood.
Envisaging Heaven within the center a long time bargains with medieval notions of heaven in theological and mystical writings, in visions of the Otherworld, and in medieval artwork, poetry and song. It considers the impact of such notions within the secular literature of a few of the best writers of the interval together with Chrétien de Troyes and Chaucer.
Affections of the brain argues politicized negotiation of problems with authority within the establishment of marriage are available in past due medieval England, the place an emergent center type of society used a sacramental version of marriage to use contradictions inside of medieval theology and social hierarchy.
Propiciadas por el desarrollo de l. a. imprenta, las continuaciones literarias conocen en l. a. España de los angeles Edad Clásica un verdadero auge que afecta a todos los ámbitos de l. a. ficción. Sin embargo, este fenómeno no es totalmente nuevo puesto que durante l. a. Edad Media cualquier elaboración literaria se centraba en los angeles reutilización y continuación de textos ajenos.
- Plagiarism in Latin Literature
- The Governance of Kings and Princes: John Trevisa's Middle English Translation of the De Regimine Principum of Aegidius Romanus (Garland Medieval Texts)
- Boccaccio's Naked Muse: Eros, Culture, and the Mythopoeic Imagination (Toronto Italian Studies)
- C. Sallusti Crispi Historiae: I: Fragmenta 1.1-146 (Texte und Kommentare) (Italian Edition)
- Dante and the Dynamics of Textual Exchange: Authorship, Manuscript Culture, and the Making of the 'Vita Nova' (Dante's World: Historicizing Literary Cultures of the Due and Trecento)
- Sexualität und Jungfräulichkeit in der Legende "Von der heiligen Margareta": Tabus in der Literatur des Mittelalters (German Edition)
Extra info for Anglo-Saxon Emotions: Reading the Heart in Old English Language, Literature and Culture (Studies in Early Medieval Britain and Ireland)
Anglo-Saxon Emotions: Reading the Heart in Old English Language, Literature and Culture (Studies in Early Medieval Britain and Ireland) by Alice Jorgensen,Frances McCormack,Jonathan Wilcox